The Apprentice Technician is responsible for helping the Lead Technician install, service and calibrate SoundVision systems exactly as designed and documented. They are responsible for learning and using SoundVision standard methods and practices. They are responsible for learning the SoundVision Body of Knowledge. The Apprentice Technician is responsible for making sure that they receive the training required to correctly perform all tasks assigned. They are responsible for developing the skills and knowledge required to become a Lead Technician.
- Receive project documentation and gain a clear understanding of all project details.
- Methodically works the SoundVision Project Process:
- Review projects with Project Manager/Lead Technician to develop a full understanding of the project scope.
- Review Work Orders (punch-lists/BOMs) to verify a clear understanding of all equipment and work to be performed.
- Help verify BOM (Bill of Materials) is complete and ready for installation.
- Ask for clarification or training on any punch-list items that are unfamiliar.
- Accurately track time and materials required for punch-list tasks.
- Request training from Lead Technicians on the SoundVision Body of Knowledge.
- Helps document variances and additional punch-list items required. Provides accurate details regarding their scope, materials required, and estimated time required.
- Helps verify project is done correctly and is fully documented at all phases.
- Helps document, explain, and receive authorization for all change orders.
- Turns in all paperwork, fully complete and accurate, in a timely manner.
- Fosters an enthusiastic, creative, “can do” attitude.
- Shares the responsibility for the Company and department goals.
- Develop a strong understanding of the SoundVision Body of Knowledge.
Skills, Qualifications, and Knowledge
- Proactive, flexible team player who is comfortable working in a small company environment taking on a leadership role
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Detail oriented and organized, with excellent time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Basic understanding of audio/video systems and use of power and hand tools.
- Understanding of the construction process and the roles of the various construction professionals.
Objectives and Results
- Becomes clear on the project scope, installation requirements and details.
- Understands and helps maintain a complete and thorough project file.
- Helps verify that work orders are thorough, clear and accurate.
- Helps load, deliver and document materials required and used for a project.
- Works daily punch-list items as assigned, reviewing punch-list item time “estimates” vs. “actuals” for discrepancies, and training with Lead Technicians on new or unfamiliar punch-list items.
- Prioritizes and executes tasks assigned for maximum efficiency.
- Completes punch-list items assigned and updates punch-lists with open items.
- Communicates variances from the original design criteria to the Lead Technician and Project Manager.
- Treats changes to a project with a sense of urgency.
- Documents and communicates changes in design scope and time requirements to the Lead Technician/Project Manager.
- Responsible for thorough and complete paperwork (punch-lists, changes, materials used) on every project.
- Helps maintain a clean, stocked van with all required tools and equipment..
- Maintains a clean and organized work space.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Develops a strong understanding of SoundVision Methods and Practices.
- Develops a strong understanding of SoundVision Body of Knowledge.
- Develops an understanding of the SoundVision process.
- Responsible for researching new products, tools, and methods and evaluations.
- Participates in Company meetings and provides input that forwards company’s goals and objectives. This would be evidenced by active participation in meetings that showed forward thinking.
- Responsible for the safety of crew members as well as being watchdogs for all company operations.
- Seeks out training and course work for professional advancement and Industry Technology.
Seeking ``A`` Players
Our goal is to attract the best people in the industry with the best jobs and work environment in the world. If you feel like you're an ``A`` Player, please apply now and let us know more about you.