The SoundVision Designer represents SoundVision to our clients and other industry professionals in order to generate referrals. The Designer qualifies and educates clients regarding the value we provide and technologies they might be interested in. The Designer helps clients clearly identify their scope of work and corresponding budget and obtains a design retainer. The Designer presents the proposal to the client and obtains a contract and deposit. They then pass all documentation and design criteria to the Project Manager assigned to the project and aid the project team in the execution of the project.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals and existing clients to maximize qualified referrals.
- Educate clients to help them understand our role (value we provide) and why we are the best partner to help them get what they want.
- Guide qualified clients through the process of determining which technologies are the best fit for their lifestyles, desires and budgets, documents the project scope and obtains a design retainer.
- Present and fine tune the proposal then obtain a deposit and signed contract.
- Fully document and hand new projects off to the Project Manager.
- Aid in periodical design reviews throughout the project.
- Follow up to verify project completion, adherence to design specifications, client orientation, final payment, and exceeded client expectations.
- Stays up to date with company methods and relevant technologies.
- Fosters an enthusiastic, creative, “can do” attitude.
- Shares responsibility for the company goals.
Skills, Qualifications, and Knowledge
- Proactive, flexible team player who is comfortable working in a small company environment taking on a leadership role
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Organized, with excellent time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to educate clients to help them understand the best solutions for them
- Skilled in Excel and Word. Visio and Rack-tools are desirable.
- Understanding of the SV Body of Knowledge or 3 to 5 years of industry experience.
- Full understanding of the construction process, the rolls of the various design/construction professionals, and the ability to see the project from everyone’s perspective
Objectives and Results
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing clients and colleagues in the building industry such that they refer at least 8 qualified leads per month (minimum).
- Track and follow up on qualified leads to educate clients on our systems and services (value we provide), create a scope of work and use Design Guides to create an accurate corresponding budget, and obtain a design retainer from at least 50% of qualified leads (4 per month minimum).
- Document and communicate design scope and client requirements to Engineering using the SoundVision standard format in order to create an accurate and thorough proposal.
- Responsible for the design of a SoundVision system appropriate for the client’s needs, budget and expectations such that we obtain a contract and deposit from at least 75% of system proposals (minimum of 3 per month).
- Help clients make the best long term decisions regarding system performance, control, aesthetics and budget such that the average contract amount is $40,000 (minimum).
- Document and communicate design scope, value, time requirements, contract, process, and payment schedule to clients using the standard SoundVision signed checklist.
- Within three working days of contracting a new project, the Designer is responsible for entering the client into the database and preparing complete documentation to communicate all client, project, design, documentation and scheduling requirements to the Project Manager who will take over the project.
- Participation in periodic ongoing design/project review as requested by the Project Manager to verify job stays within original design criteria.
- Review all change orders to verify original design criteria is met.
- Meet with programmer to communicate interface requirements and approve final interfaces prior to final installation.
- Perform client orientation and final review of the system within 7 days of completion, create a final punch-list and confirm completion within 14 days.
- Follow up to verify client has a full understanding of the system and is comfortable with all functions and interfaces, and collect final payment within 30 days of project completion.
- Maintain periodic communication with clients after the final installation to verify system performance and functionality, communicate new technologies, and maintain mindshare for future referrals as outlined in the SoundVision Process.
- Keep up to date with SoundVision methods and standards.
- Responsible for field staff training and new product/technology evaluations.
- Participate in Company management team as proactive leader and provide input that forwards company’s goals and objectives. This would be evidenced by achieving their department goals, and active participation in meetings that showed forward thinking.
- Responsible for upholding safety standards of crewmembers as well as being watchdogs for all company operations.
- The Designer must seek out training and course work for Professional Advancement in Leadership, Management, Sales and Industry Technology Advances.
Seeking ``A`` Players
Our goal is to attract the best people in the industry with the best jobs and work environment in the world. If you feel like you're an ``A`` Player, please apply now and let us know more about you.