The Lead Technician is responsible for efficiently installing, servicing and calibrating SoundVision systems exactly as designed and documented, on time and on budget. The Lead Technician is responsible for knowing and using SoundVision standard methods and practices. The Lead Technician makes sure that all work and communication necessary in order to document and deliver on this goal are executed in a timely and professional manner. The Lead Technician makes sure that any scope or time requirement changes are communicated to the Project Manager. The Lead Technician is responsible for training and development of Apprentice Technicians.
- Receives project documentation and gains a clear understanding of all project details.
- Methodically works the SV project process:
- Reviews project with Project Manager for full understanding of the project scope.
- Reviews project documentation with an Engineer for a clear understanding of project details.
- Verifies scope of work is clear, accurate and reasonable.
- Asks for clarification or training on any punch-list items that are unfamiliar.
- Prioritizes, assigns punch-list tasks and completes Project Time Estimator form.
- Accurately tracks time and materials required for punch-list tasks against Project Estimator form.
- Trains and mentors Lead Tech. Trainees on punch-list tasks and the Soundvision Body of Knowledge.
- Documents any variances or additional punch-list items required and provides accurate details regarding their scope, materials required, and estimated time required to complete.
- Verifies project is done correctly and fully documented at all phases.
- Verifies that any changes to project documentation get reviewed and updated by Engineering.
- Documents, explains, and receives authorization of all change orders.
- Turns in all paperwork, fully complete and accurate, in a timely manner.
- Fosters an enthusiastic, creative, “can do” attitude.
- Shares the responsibility for the Company and department goals.
- Continues to develop a stronger understanding of the Soundvision Body of Knowledge.
Skills, Qualifications, and Knowledge
- Proactive, flexible team player who is comfortable working in a small company environment taking on a leadership role
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Detail oriented and organized, with excellent time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong understanding of the SoundVision Methods and Practices and the SoundVision Body of Knowledge
- Strong understanding of the construction process and the rolls of the various construction professionals.
Objectives and Results
- Clear on project scope and all project installation requirements and details.
- Maintains complete and thorough project job binders.
- Loads, delivers and documents materials required and used for a project.
- Works daily punch-lists, reviews punch-list time “estimates” vs. “actuals” for discrepancies, and trains Lead Tech. Trainees on new or unfamiliar punch-list items.
- Prioritizes tasks and runs projects for maximum efficiency.
- Confirms completion of punch-list items and clearly and accurately updates punch-lists with open items.
- Communicates variances from the original design criteria to Project Manager.
- Treats changes to a project with a sense of urgency.
- Documents and communicates changes in design scope and time requirements to the Project Manager.
- Turns in thorough and complete paperwork (punch-lists, changes, materials used) on every project.
- Facilitates Lead Tech. Trainee training and development.
- Maintains a clean, stocked van.
- Maintains all tools and equipment on their van.
- Maintains a clean and organized work space.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Has a strong understanding of SoundVision Methods and Practices.
- Continues to develop understanding of SoundVision Body of Knowledge.
- Provides feedback to refine the SoundVision process.
- Researches new products/tools/methods and helps with new product /tool/method evaluations.
- Participates in company meetings as proactive leader, providing input that forwards company’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the safety and development of crew members as well as being watchdogs for all company operations.
- Seeks out training and course work for professional advancement in Leadership, Management, and Industry technology advances.
Seeking ``A`` Players
Our goal is to attract the best people in the industry with the best jobs and work environment in the world. If you feel like you're an ``A`` Player, please apply now and let us know more about you.