Skills and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience.
- AutoCAD skills are required.
- Basic Excel and Word skills are required.
- Lutron software skills are desirable.
- Understanding of electronics, electricity, residential wiring standards and residential construction methods.
- Natural understanding of software, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- SoundVision ordered lunch on Fridays.
- Work vehicle provided to get to clients and partners.
- Develop and maintain the iPoint database to facilitate the efficient generation of accurate proposals and associated documents and drawings.
- Develop and maintain pre-engineered packages and project documentation templates.
- Support the Designers by providing pre-contract engineering support to facilitate the contracting of new and desirable projects.
- Receive Hand-off Packages from Designers with a clear understanding of all details.
- Produce Proposals maximizing use of pre-engineered packages.
- Produce detailed documentation on-time and on-budget. Review project documentation for accuracy.
- Communicate consistently with the Project Manager to keep the project documentation, proposal, and time budgets up to date and accurate.
- Create change orders as necessary to keep all phases of the project on-time and on-budget.
- Work with Technicians to review documentation in a new project kick-off meeting (as required).
- Communicate with technicians on the return of documentation from the field for as-built drawings.
- Research new technologies relevant to the needs of our client base.
- Train staff on new technologies implemented in our designs.
- Foster an enthusiastic, creative, “can do” attitude.
- Share the responsibility for the Company and department goals.
Systems We Use
- Lutron Homeworks
- Lutron Radio Ra2
- Lutron Shades
- Control 4
- URC (Legacy projects, bonus if you know it)